When you stand before God, and if he should ask you: Why should I let you into my heaven? How would you answer?
And remember, my opinion does not count and your opinion does not count, it is what God says that counts.
Yofeu could say:
- Â· I have lived a good life… The Bible says there is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10)
- Â· But I am better than the murderer or the drunk, people who really are sinners. The Bible says every one shall give an account of ourselves to God. (Romans 14:12)
- Â· Well, I go to church and I serve Jesus. I even teach a Sunday School class! The Bible says Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23)
Â· That question is not in the Bible. You are right. The real question is: Is your name written in the Lambs Book of Life? The Bible says: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15)
Now we come to the real question…. How can I get my name in that book?
You must be born again, saved. Let me explain:
- First, you must acknowledge you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 states: âAll have sinned and come short of the Glory of God”
- Realize there is a penalty for sin.Romans 6:23a states “For the wages of sin is death”
- Realize God as the way of salvation Romans 5:8 But God comendeth His love towards us that in while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Realize that salvation is a free gift all can have. Romans 6:23b states “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”
- Believe Jesus died for you and is now alive and we will be with Him one day. Romans 10:9 states “If thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart God raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved”
- Pray a prayer of repentance. Romans 10:13 says “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Nothing is more important than this decision. If you know youâre a sinner and you repent of your sins you can pray:
Jesus, I know I am a sinner, forgive me my sins and save me, help me to live for you. Amen.